Zoosk says that it is the leading dating website on the globe. And since it comes with more than 40 million users, it might seem like it is an actual fact. Zoosk has plenty of useful dating features, such as a modern chat, an app, and a messenger. But if you pay close attention to Zoosk’s 2020 user testimonials, you might discover that some people say it provides an average dating experience. We took the time to test Zoosk and came up with this review. Keep reading to find the 2020 Review for Zoosk dating website.
What is Zoosk?
Zoosk is an online dating website, which offers potential matches. It started similar to the Facebook app, but it developed into an interesting site with a large pool of users. Overall, you will receive a decent online dating experience with affordable and customizable communication tools. Keep in mind that there both advantages and disadvantages of using the Zoosk dating site as we reveal next.
The main features of Zoosk dating site
We reviewed Zoosk by testing a live account. And we found out there are plenty of useful features that recommend it as one of the leading dating sites in 2020. It comes with a diverse user base in 80 countries.
The following features are what recommends Zoosk as a reliable online dating site:
- You can search based on location, religion, education, age and many more
- You can see your previous searches
- You can view online users and who checked out your profile
- You benefit from the latest behavioral matchmaking tech, as you will answer a couple of question to aid your match suggestions results
- You can vote profile pictures with yes, no or maybe
- You can send a like or smile free of charge
- You can opt for a one-month, three-month, or six-month subscriptions
- You can set up auto-replies
- You can purchase the premium service for additional security, as this will let users verify their identity
- You can use Zoosk Coins to access paid features, such as boosting your profile in search results
- You can check out dating insights for additional tips of online dating experience on ZooskYou can use a user-friendly and responsive app from Zoosk
What are the costs of using the Zoosk dating website?
Zoosk has monthly memberships, based on your needs and budget. You can join the website for:
- One month for a fee of $29.95 per month
- Three months for a fee of $19.98 per month
- Six months for $12.49 per month
Why did we recommend Zoosk as your next dating website?
Overall, we like about Zoosk’s platform that is user-friendly and simple to use. Also, there is a vast database of people of all ages, backgrounds, ethnicities, and orientations. And since it is translated into 25 languages, we can say with certainty this is one of the best dating sites on the globe.
Other advantages of Zoosk are the fact that it comes with live support for its subscribers, and it offers access to an online dating safety guide. So, if you are new to this, you get all the support available. Still, there are a few disadvantages of the Zoosk dating site you should know about.
Which are the main disadvantages of Zoosk?
When we tested the Zoosk’s account, we discovered there are some cons worth mentioning. Some of these include:
- A limited number of SmartPicks
- Limited search tools, as you can’t search based on a keyword or interest
- If you want to use the Carousel, you will need to become a Zoosk member
- There is an additional fee besides the subscription cost, as you will have to pay a one-time activation fee of $24.95
- There is no way to cancel your membership until the subscription time is over
- The auto-reply feature is tricky and misleading
How does Zoosk compare to other dating websites?
Of course, there are plenty of online dating websites on the globe. And you have numerous options, features, and memberships to search for. Zoosk’s leading competitors are OkCupid, eHarmony, Match, and Tinder.
Overall, the main aspect that stands out about Zoosk is its basic layout. It is not attractive, and some people might find it boring. And even though you won’t use a dating site for its design, it would be helpful to have something nicer available.
Zoosk is the middle ground for those looking for something more serious than a hook-up, but not primarily for marriage. So, the users’ database here is reliable, but chances are you won’t stumble upon something serious. If you want something long-lasting, it might be a good idea to check Match or eharmony. These online dating websites come with paid subscriptions that allow you to select the fact that you’re into serious and long-term relationships.
What users say about Zoosk?
Zoosk dating site reviews reveal useful insights from people who used it. There are plenty of positive testimonials, and with a bit of research, you can even discover love stories that ended up in marriage. Still, there are some downsides noted by users. Some say that there are plenty of inactive or deceptive user accounts. And many people found it challenging to delete or cancel their accounts.
A Reddit user noted about Zoosk that:
“Most of the women profiles are fake or inactive. You will get auto-responses from many of them after you send them a message, but it is misleading because they don’t appear to be auto responses at first. I find this to be deceptive of on Zoosk’s part. Hopefully, the site has changed since then, but I doubt it.”
Zoosk is an excellent online dating platform, but you should expect some downsides, too. Several advantages recommend it as one of the top dating sites, so it might be worth your time. Just make sure you know all the terms and conditions of your subscription. And, of course, it might be a good idea to carefully design your profile and look carefully at the security settings. We like that Zoosk is intuitive and simple to use.